Old Tree

terri976

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok, so it's the shell of an old tree :lol: But the story behind this tree as told to me by my Great Gradma is that this tree was struck by lightning about 40 years ago..give or take a few years. I took this picture this summer. Two weeks after taking the picture it fell apart in a strong wind. :cry:
I did it regular and in black and white. Let me know what ya think. I welcome comments. I may not know what your saying. All the technical stuff confuses me sometimes.. Which one do you like best and why? I like the black and white better.. Can't say why I do though. By the way. All my pics are digital. And my camera is Kodak DC 3400 .....2.0 megapixel..Not really and expensive camera but I'll keep it..
StandingProud.jpg

StandingProud2.jpg

Hi Terri, and welcome!! First I want to say, that I'm glad you gave us a story with your picture, I love that!
Anyways..I like your b&w shot better, but I would like to be able to see the entire tree, instead of it being cut off at the top. Overall, good work!! Can't wait to see more! :thumbsup:

thanks :D yes, I know I cut the top off... and the old saying came back and bit me right in the butt... lol.. I kept meaning to go back and retake the shot, but just didn't get around to it.. now I can't...

Oh terri, such a nice story to tell about the tree, and such a pity that you can't go back to retake the picture, for I sorely miss its tip.
Is it in hilly countryside?
At first, the horizon looks frightfully crooked.

hmm hi!!! and welcome to the forum :) actually I prefer color one :) " don't know why... but b&w lacks contrast... for me of course :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back