Old truck HDR, C&C

DisasterDan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going for the "Fake" look here so bare that in mind. Used 7 frames for this one at .7 spacing. Processed in photomatix and Nik's HDR Efex Pro, and I liked the Photomatix processing better.
As always tear it up!

Old Truck by Daniel Palmerton, on Flickr

Sometimes that "fake" look as you call it just works, and I think this is one of those times! I like how it turned out. If anything, maybe - just maybe - the doors on the barn (or shed or what ever) could be dialed down just a bit, so that it doesn't distract too much attention away from the truck.. maybe even the whole barn could be little less saturated?! But i still like the look on this shot :)

Ya, Im with 889 on this. Nice look to this. Im as bothered by the trucks wheel on the left as to the barn door. So it evens out.

To be honest, I didn't even notice the barn in the picture. Very well down.

Im as bothered by the trucks wheel on the left...

Now that you mentioned wheels, I think the double back wheels of the main truck is a tad bright too. I think I would like them better if they where closer to the color of the front wheels. Even though the front wheels in the picture is maybe hiding in more shadow, I think the overall look would be better if all wheels on the truck looked more alike.

nice but i would just darken it a bit more to make the details pop more. processing is smooth though.

It's amazing how well rusty funky scenes and objects take to HDR. It's a great example of how something that may be ugly and gritty in person can really be quite cool as a picture.

I think the only change I would make personally would be in agreement with DiskoJoe, but that's just my opinion. Just a tad darker and maybe tweak the micro smoothing down a little (unless it's already all thew way down). I think that might give the shot more texture and keep the truck from blending into the background. Again, just my opinion.

Nice shot!

-Pat

Most reactions

New Topics

Back