Old wedding photos greatness

Very interesting to see these Robin, the comparison between the old and the new is unsusual to see. I can't help noticing that there are no really shallow dof shots in the old pics.

About halfway through these I noticed I was tearing up and sniffling...then seriously snuffling....:lovey: What a beautiful way to pay homage to not only this fabulous couple, but to the spirit of wedding photography itself. I just loved the way you juxtaposed between the decades, using similar poses or backgrounds. Certainly those images are markedly different than what represents wedding photography today - a much more direct, documentary style, isn't it? Simpler clothes, simpler setting, table decorations...simpler time. :) Well, except for all those fabulous ladies' hats. The B&W is beautifully rendered, though - wonderful tonal range throughout it all. And of course your own shots are perfectly rendered for this occasion.

You did a wonderful, wonderful thing, and I'm deeply touched by it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go blow my nose, damn you. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back