Old window

Interesting subject. Picture feels to me a bit over-processed.

Interesting subject. Picture feels to me a bit over-processed.
Hello, timor!

I do several variants of image, usually. Which variant I'd prefer?

Honestly ? None. All seem like pencil drawings to me. But there is the problem with viewing visual art on small computer screen. We do our best in a judgment, but computers might amplify things sometimes.

Honestly ? None. All seem like pencil drawings to me. But there is the problem with viewing visual art on small computer screen. We do our best in a judgment, but computers might amplify things sometimes.
It's OK, timor. Thanks for your opinion.

Here's an idea - why not post the original, unprocessed image and challenge members to apply their best efforts at processing. Could be fun and might show some interesting ideas.

Here's an idea - why not post the original, unprocessed image and challenge members to apply their best efforts at processing. Could be fun and might show some interesting ideas.

That could be ineteresting. Here is original raw file:
P3057758.ORF

I actually prefer the original. It may be as Timor suggested about the size, because it looks much better enlarged

I actually prefer the original. It may be as Timor suggested about the size, because it looks much better enlarged
Yes. Very seldom today's digital photographers finish the job, print the photo. That is the goal of photography, solid, possibly archival quality print. Most never go beyond the computer stage. I think for good reason, cost. But still, if someone makes more ambitious pictures should time to time print something to see, how good processing skills he/she possess. Plus larger print, mounted and on the wall with good lighting has completely different feel.

Guys, thanks for your comments.

I decided to make short series in stylized sepia, where some urban fragments included. That is why this photo should not be BW or has "proper convertion", with all details recovered.

Most reactions

Back