Older Film a Good Find?

Already sent the e-mail.

No deal, for now. Enlarger doesn't have any carriers. Supposedly carriers from Omega C-700 will fit, but so far can't find any.

Well damn, thanks for checking it out for me!

Here is another offering, just a bit old
Photo Enlarger
Interested ? Say so as I've got to call this guy.

Unless you're capable of C-41 processing, "deals" like this go sour fast if you're expecting consistent results and paying $$$ for processing. With no clue about stale dates or storage conditions, I'd pass. I know film isn't getting any cheaper but I've found "deals" like this often to be a false economy and no fun.

I'm interested in learning how to process myself, I actually passed up on the equipment (enlarger etc...) a while back to get my 100-400 so I'm keeping my eye open for deals. I will keep that in mind about Gary for sure!

I get offered free enlargers every month so don't pay much if offered

Here is another offering, just a bit old
Photo Enlarger
Interested ? Say so as I've got to call this guy.
Thanks so much Timor, I'm going to rethink this since Gary responded, I'm definitely still interested in getting into film and processing my own so I may set you loose again soon since you are so much closer to the action than I am!
Unless you're capable of C-41 processing, "deals" like this go sour fast if you're expecting consistent results and paying $$$ for processing. With no clue about stale dates or storage conditions, I'd pass. I know film isn't getting any cheaper but I've found "deals" like this often to be a false economy and no fun.
Thanks cgw, taken into consideration.

View attachment 48545

Here is a picture of the film, can anything be gleaned from it by chance?

Yes it is 35mm

I'm interested in learning how to process myself, I actually passed up on the equipment (enlarger etc...) a while back to get my 100-400 so I'm keeping my eye open for deals. I will keep that in mind about Gary for sure!

I get offered free enlargers every month so don't pay much if offered

for me C41 processing is not worth messing with within 5 mins walk i can get it done for £2 a roll

Thanks Gary, I think I'm going to still grab the film, that's a lot to play around with and it may encourage me to get going with film. Since this seems to be not a good option to learn processing on I'm going to leave the processing equipment until a great deal crosses my path (unless I get too impatient in the meantime. I'm quite looking forward to learning the ways of film!)

Do you have any space for a darkroom ?

Yep Timor, I have a couple rooms that would work :)

B&W film processing and printing is easy to do ... something you should look into.

I get my colour film developed by any local shop that still does it ... then I scan it.

I develop my own B&W film ... and hopefully I will be able to build a darkroom for printing (like we had in the old days).

B&W film processing and printing is easy to do ..
I wouldn't say that. Sure, it's easy to get something, but that different from getting it done well. Like with everything.

Most reactions

Back