Oldie from Ohio

jtfrazer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi from the Cleveland, OH area.

I've been looking for a forum where photography rules over arguments about which camera is the best. I hope I've found it here.

I've been interested in photography since my early teens. My first camera was a Praktika that was given to me by a neighbor. My first purchased camera was a Yashica twin lens reflex, followed by a Pentax K-1000, which I still have. These days I use an Olympus C-770 ultra zoom and a recently purchased E-500.

I'm also interested in music and I enjoy making DVDs from my photos, using some of my music as background.

I look forward to getting involved in this forum.

Welcome to TPF! I wouldn't say there are too many arguments about whose camera is better than whose anymore...you've found a good place! :)

Everyone here are intelligent enough to accept that Canon's the best! So there is no place for lame arguments! :lol:

Welcome to TPF! :D

yeah, after the half of tpf members fell in bloody fight the arguments got pretty much settled... we figured out nobody would want to clean the floor.

Welcome to TPF Jim!

...so, d'you prefer Photoshop or the darkroom?
:lol:

The arguments stopped when I conclusively proved that Olympus cameras were far superior to Nikons and Canons (why else would I have one?).
Welcome to argument-free TPF

Jim, welcome to TPF. And make no mistake, Leica is the best! :lmao:

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the welcome!

Alexandra, I fondly remember darkroom days, but these days I use the digital darkroom. My primary tool there is Paint Shop Pro X. I have used PSP for many years. I recently got Elements 3.0 with the purchase of a graphics tablet and liked it enough to upgrade to 4.0. I use it for certain things.

Judging from your responses, I picked the right place. I'll be posting a few of my photos in the near future.

Most reactions

Back