Oldies c&c

Yantropov

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another shot taken in Kelowna BC in a different Winery. Slight curves adjustment...

ISO 100 F/5.0 16-85mm at 16mm AP mode (1/1250 exposure)

7163301604_a5b5d678ee_b.jpg

I like the truck and the grass and the sky, but the vines, the barrel, the pine trees, and the other thing on the ground distract my eye. That leafless tree above the truck adds a lot of character, too. Nice. I would have tried to get just the truck with that tree, some grass, and the sky in the photo, and expose the truck a bit more. I guess I'm a minimalist.

Difficult to work with such a bright sky backlighting the subject. Other than using some sort of graduated ND filter, or doing HDR or at least dual processing of the raw file, the best approach would be to concentrate more closely on the truck as suggested above. I too find it more interesting than some of the other stuff in the frame, but that's obviously subjective. As is, it just doesn't work for me.

To me the truck is the central subject, yet it's basically lost in shadows, necessitated by such a wide dynamic range. I would have opted to go either of the routes that KenC suggested. I always carry at least one graduated ND filter, and I have Photmatrix Pro 4.2 for HDR imaging if I decide to take that option. Even the sky seems to be a compromise, and as a result lost some tonal values. Still, I really like your composition, it just needs more PP editing.

I really liked the original... it strongly suggests the time and mood... i am not sure if seeing more of the truck would help the image.....

and Gregory's edit??? i definitely like it with another part of my mind.... But the mood i like in the original

Regards :D

I like the original shot but if there was more detail on the truck I would like it better. I also like gregorys edit but HDR to me always makes me think of oil paintings. Nothing wrong with that but my personal taste goes for the more natural feel. great shot but it needs more editing.

The truck is improved in the edit. But I'm still distracted by the barrel and the zombie apocalypse bunker hatch, or whatever that thing on the ground might be.

The global edit while it helps bring out the details in the truck some, takes away from the lighting and mood of the rest of the image.

Here' another quick edit that brings out the details in the truck's shadow, and a slight decrease in the harsh sun.

$7163301604_a5b5d678ee_b.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back