Olivia & Jack | 70-200 Test Run

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last week months of thought culminated in my swapping out my Canon 70-200 f/4L IS for the 70-200 f/2.8L IS II. That weekend, I got out to test it on a couple on their 2 year anniversary! I've still got a lot to learn from this lens, it feels like a totally different animal from the old 70-200, or the primes I've often been using. I chose to shoot all ambient light to really push myself to flex the 2.8. I also gave the Brenizer Method a go on this first image.

Meet Olivia and Jack :) Hope you like them!

1. Brenizer Method, shot at 200mm. About...10 frames here? Need more practice.
ihJRCnW.jpg

Ig1WoRW.jpg

YuQfXGW.jpg

IoajUok.jpg

GF7UMOJ.jpg

Love these! #5 is my favorite :smile:

3 and 5 are the best. Especially #3.
The rest have the couple a little too small in the frame for my tastes.

#1 & 2 and poss 4 for me, #3 is engaging with you/us but in the context of the anniversary 1 & 2 look like friends and lovers, I would imagine they love the photos?

Love these! #5 is my favorite :smile:

Thanks! Glad you like them!

Nice set; last one looks just a little blue to me.

Hmm, I think I might see it. I'll look into it when I get home :) Thanks!

3 and 5 are the best. Especially #3.
The rest have the couple a little too small in the frame for my tastes.

I hear you. I often find myself waffling back and forth on what I prefer. Overall I like to include more landscape, more the way of environmental shots than straight-up portraits.

Nice. Can't wait to trade my f/4 for a 2.8.

I like #3 the best as well.

It's a BEAST! Thanks!

#1 & 2 and poss 4 for me, #3 is engaging with you/us but in the context of the anniversary 1 & 2 look like friends and lovers, I would imagine they love the photos?

They enjoyed them, yep! Nothing makes me happier then the happy messages I get from clients after they get their photos. I have to admit, I don't quite understand the friends/lovers reference. For them, and most of their friends, the dip was the majority favorite :)

I love the bridge shot! Top shelf for sure. The only thing I don't care for on that pic is what looks like fluorescent pink paint on the pavement in front of them. I would have maybe considered cloning that out. I'm weird like that, though. There is a little something up with the last one. It looks a little desaturated to me as well as a little on the cool side? Overall, great work! I really had to look at these to see much of anything in terms of feedback. That lens definitely looks like a keeper!

Looks good. I might tone down the green in the first few shots, but otherwise, I'm sure the couple will love them.

I like how sharp they and the tree are in #1, even though they are a ways off, they still seem to "pop" from the background. Love it!!!

I also love #5. #1&#5 both feel very natural to me!
But the whole set is wonderful, great job!!! :)

Most reactions

Back