Olympus E-500 Vs. Nikon D-50

eravedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello

So I compared the Olympus E-500 to a D-50 and everything about the E-500 is better. It has better resolution, MP, file types, and other features. The E-500 is also costs less on www.newegg.com. what do you guys/gals think?

well... I think Hertz shoul say something wise here... he own olympus E-300 as far as I remember... I know nothing about E-500

I'm happy with my E500, havn't used the D50, so can't comment. But as Skiboarder syas, the Nikon has a much wider range of lenses. Hopefully the 4/3rds lens format will become more popular (recent news is that it is being taken on by another manufacturer who will have some quality lenses available by the end of the year) so all isn't lost.

I've got to admit to being an olympusphile, never used another make of camera since 1985, and am really happy with the E500 as a modern up to date version of my OM10.

most people don't know but there are advantages to 4/3 mount. take a look at this article: http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/ol...242002_pr.html

it's also the first all digital SLR system (the E system that is). like you said, it's better than the D50 in a lot of ways. and you get two lenses! (if you choose to get that package). i do so many shameless plugs for this cam, but that's because i love it to death!

but g'luck to ya, no matter what you decide! :thumbup::thumbup:

i forgot to mention, the E500 also has the only self-cleaning sensor on the market. it's so convenient.

cant speak for the e500 but i love my d50 and the lense selection is huge
also olypus just came out with a digital slr that alows you to use the screen like a veiw finder, like on a p&s

kemplefan said:
also olypus just came out with a digital slr that alows you to use the screen like a veiw finder, like on a p&s

Thats the E330, claims to be the first "liveview" DSLR on the market. Costs twice as much as the e500 though, and still has 8mp's. Not sure if the live view is worth that much??

Most reactions

Back