Olympus E-500

Glassjaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've read the review on dpreview.com as well as topics here, and wanted to ask what you all think? I was interested in purchasing this camera and it seemed to do well in the review, so I have a pretty set mind right now unless you all can set me towards something else.

And I can't delete this, I imagine I should have posted in the other forum section about hardware and what not. If this can be moved I would appreciate it, unles it is somehow in the correct section. Thankyou in advance.

Hertz uses one!

The only reason I could possibly see to go with Canon/Nikon is their much larger family of accessories and greater market share.

If you're buying a camera as-is, there probably isn't much in it really. It's well worth handling the three of them, just in case there's something particularly that draws you to a model.

Rob

I have the E300 - which is a honey. Has a self-cleaning system for the CCD.

As Rob says, your best bet is to go and handle all three - and a few others besides.
Despite what techno-nerds tell you, there is very little difference between cameras in terms of performance these days.
The main, and most important, difference is feel. You need to buy a camera that feels comfortable. It's no good buying one that feels awkward.
Go play with a bunch at a store and then decide.

ive got the 500, two lense kit and i love it! the two kit lenses are decent, the bigger of the two(sorry im feeling brain dead today) imo is a little better than the 14-45. its a comfy camera, its WICKED light, but the only gripe i have with it is that lenses for it get pricey pretty quick, but you get what you pay for so its not horrid. i definately recommend this camera!

Hi, I spent weeks on comparing the D50, EOS 350D and others and I ordered the E-500, everybody that has them says that the kit lenses are far better than the kit lenses offered with other cameras. I also liked the feel of the camera.
But the best thing about making that decision was that I finally made a decision, not anymore lying awake at night, thinking about what camera to buy ;) .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back