Olympus E PM1 - good choice for travel camera?

gebo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been searching for a cheap (under 350€) camera to take on my trips. I have an old point and shoot but the image quality is poor specially in low light. It's also only 2.1Mp.
So I thought a bigger sensor would improve things. Like the m4/3 of the E PM1. The camera is now 320€.

Would this be a good choice? Or would I be better with even cheaper compact cameras (and with a smaller sensor)?

Thanks

Let me how it works for you.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Bigger sensor of the micro 4/3 camera is going to be better than most compact P&S cameras. Furthermore, you have your choice on some very fast prime lenses to choose from: 12 f/2, 20 f/1.7, 25 f/1.4, 45 f/1.8, 75 f/1.8 etc...

Bigger sensor of the micro 4/3 camera is going to be better than most compact P&S cameras. Furthermore, you have your choice on some very fast prime lenses to choose from: 12 f/2, 20 f/1.7, 25 f/1.4, 45 f/1.8, 75 f/1.8 etc...
Thanks. I guess those primes are quite expensive, are they?

gebo said:
Thanks. I guess those primes are quite expensive, are they?

price of lenses are varied... many are reasonable.

Friend of mine found brand new 14mm f2.5 for under $200usd and you can find the 20mm f1.7 for around $300. For the quality, the olympus 45mm f1.8 is a great buy. Most of the faster primes are under 800. look them up

For me... a photog that prefers primes, can shoot all day long with an epm1 with the 14 and 20mm both are easily kept in pocket asnthey are pancakes

Most reactions

Back