Olympus E PM1 - good choice for travel camera?

gebo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been searching for a cheap (under 350€) camera to take on my trips. I have an old point and shoot but the image quality is poor specially in low light. It's also only 2.1Mp.
So I thought a bigger sensor would improve things. Like the m4/3 of the E PM1. The camera is now 320€.

Would this be a good choice? Or would I be better with even cheaper compact cameras (and with a smaller sensor)?

Thanks

Let me how it works for you.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Bigger sensor of the micro 4/3 camera is going to be better than most compact P&S cameras. Furthermore, you have your choice on some very fast prime lenses to choose from: 12 f/2, 20 f/1.7, 25 f/1.4, 45 f/1.8, 75 f/1.8 etc...

Bigger sensor of the micro 4/3 camera is going to be better than most compact P&S cameras. Furthermore, you have your choice on some very fast prime lenses to choose from: 12 f/2, 20 f/1.7, 25 f/1.4, 45 f/1.8, 75 f/1.8 etc...
Thanks. I guess those primes are quite expensive, are they?

gebo said:
Thanks. I guess those primes are quite expensive, are they?

price of lenses are varied... many are reasonable.

Friend of mine found brand new 14mm f2.5 for under $200usd and you can find the 20mm f1.7 for around $300. For the quality, the olympus 45mm f1.8 is a great buy. Most of the faster primes are under 800. look them up

For me... a photog that prefers primes, can shoot all day long with an epm1 with the 14 and 20mm both are easily kept in pocket asnthey are pancakes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back