Olympus E410 with a Sunpak 383 Flash?

Dulouz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.

I've heard some talk about certain flashes not being compatible with and even damaging some cameras.

I've been looking around and I can't seem to find whether my camera (Olympus E410 DSLR) is compatible with the Sunpak 383 flash. Do any of you have any experience or knowledge that you could pass on to me?

Thanks!

THIS PAGE says that the voltage on the 383 is around 7 volts...which is fairly low.

I couldn't find the rating for your camera...but I would assume that it's a lot higher than that. Newer Canon cameras, for example are rated for 250 volts.

So if a camera is rated higher (like a new Canon) would that make it safe to use with this flash?

Yes. The rating is the safe maximum that the camera can handle...so the higher it is, the better.

Ok, what is TTL? New guy here, please explain.

thanks

TTL is like auto exposure. If sets the flash's power based on how the camera meters the scene. With out it, you have to manually adjust the power on the flash based on the guide number and how you're using the flash.

Usually the cheaper flashes are manual only and the flashes made by the manufactures are TTL capable. There's a few differences. Sigma makes TTL flashes for other brands' cameras.

Most reactions

Back