Olympus OM-PC help

GrantH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was given an Olympus OM-PC 35mm camera by my dad and was hoping I'd be able to use it a bit. It works and it is fully functioning so I see no reason not to use it. It has 2 full manual lenses with it, a sigma 35-70 2.8-4 and a 75-210 4-5.6 I believe. So I have a decently fast walk around lens, but is it any good at all? The lenses are in perfect shape, UV filter on them for the whole 20 years they have been sitting and I imagine for the life of the lenses. My question is, what do I search for when looking for new lenses? I've no idea the term for the mount this camera uses.

This camera uses the Olympus OM mount, been around since ~1972 or so. The lenses hould be fine for use, I used the Sigma 35~70 a while ago on a Konica.

Thanks. How did you like the 35-70? I'm wondering if I'd like the 50 1.8 Auto S. Going to have to research that one.

The zoom is convenient, and as good as those available from Nikon, Canon, and Olympus of the day.

The 50/1.8 and 50/1.4 are very good. With Olympus OM mount lenses, pay attention to the Serial Number of the lens: those with SN above "about" 1Million are better than the early ones.

There were many lenses made for the OM series. Zuiko 50mm f1.8 was the standard lens. It has a good reputation but the Zuiko 50mm f1.4 is regarded as even better. It is a bit heavier & bigger than its f1.8 sibling.
Olympus made a large range of lenses for this series. I had a Sigma 28mm f2.8 for mine but sold it after I got hold of an Olympus 28mm f2.8.
You've got some good kit there. I got some great results from my OM10 & your OM-PC is a newer, improved model.

I shot my first roll and will be developing tomorrow. I friend has an enlarger he is giving me so maybe I can make some prints too! :D

Most reactions

Back