Olympus OM10 shutter fires self when film is advanced.

mcnabb100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I just got an OM10, and while it looks like it's in great condition, the shutter tends to fire it's self when I advance the film lever. It doesn't always happen, however it's often every other shot. I know it's about to happen because as I advance the film, the mirror begins to flip up, and at the very end of the lever's travel the shutter fires :grumpy:

I have looked and looked on the internet, but I haven't been able to really find anyone with the same problem or a solution. Any ideas? I still have time to return it. I will be contacting the seller tonight.

Here is a video of the problem, sorry about the crummy camera work.

EDIT: The camera only does this with film loaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha yep, I checked some other places on the net and couldn't really get any definitive answers on fixing it, so it's on it's way back to the seller. Took some great images every other frame lol. I'm back on the hunt for something else. I may keep an eye out for black friday/cyber monday deals. I wouldn't mind getting a new nikon f10 and a 50mm prime separately if it's cheap enough.

I part exchanged my OM10 for an OM2N. It is much more reliable & has a more expensive feel to it too.
If you like fully manual, an OM1 is mechanical & I prefer mine to my 2 OM2's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back