Omega 35mm Enlarger filter help

jacola_cola

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there,
I'm relatively new to photography and minutes new to this site, but anyways...

I recently obtained a Omega Chromega B Dichroid 35mm enlarger and one of the differences between this enlarger and the enlargers I use at my school is the filters, in the fact that I think you don't use them.

It looks to me like you control the contrast with three different knobs, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow, each with a scale of 0-170 units.

I think that is how but I am not sure and I don't have an owners manual nor have I been able to find an online version.

My question is where can I find a conversion chart to find out which numbers (0-170) on which different colors (cyan, magenta, and yellow) will get me the contrast of the filters I'm used to (red ones that you place under the lens- 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5...4.5,5 etc.)

What I would also wonder is that if I were to set each of the colored knobs to 0, could I put a filter mount under the lens, and if I do does it need to be a certain distance from the lens, or does it just need to cover the print?

If anyone has any information that would really help me out. And sorry for all the text, I'm pretty knew here.

-Jack

This PDF file from Ilford's website lists filtrations (single and dual filters) for a few enlargers but unfortunately not for the one you use. However, that might be a good starting point.

check the spec sheet that comes with the paper you using.

it usually breaks down enlargers into two groups,

you do not use cyan when printing black and white, so just null that to 9 and leave it there.

the nice thing about being able to dial in the contrast one can use 1/3 or what ever not just the half grades that the filters provide.

basically tho, it all comes down to what "number" works best on your equipment.
i.e. on one enlarger we have, grade 3 is magenta 30, on another it is 40. Both are correct based on the negatives and paper being used.

Thank you guys very much. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back