omega larger for under 20 bucks?

wsupflakes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i found someone willing to sell me their omega enlarger. their description is
Omega enlarger, Chromega B , Dichroic , with timer and Power supply.
Lens : 1:4.5 F=75mm

the seller is asking about 22. is that a good price? i want to self teach myself how to develope my own black and white and color films. i need some help please and thank you.

Assuming good condition, yes, it's a great price.

eeekk, im so nervous about starting to develop my own film due to financial wise. thank you.

also, does anyone know the total cost of purchasing the equipment to develop the negative to develop my own negatives onto photo paper? i want to know the estimate of what im getting myself into. thank you

this is not easy to answer. on ebay or on craiglist you should be able to pick up a tank for negatives, trays etc for printing fairly cheaply.

paper and chemicals. think about 25 dollars for a pack of paper 25 sheets, 8x10, chemistry about 50 dollars, probably less.

However, if you want to learn to do this to save money i would suggest you re-think your process. Learning to print takes time and practice, practice means using lots of film, paper and chemistry. If you love black and white photography and want to control your images and enjoy the journey then have fun as this is a life time adventure.

Make sure the enlarger includes negative carriers for the size film you'll be enlarging. I recently was looking at a Beseler 23C enlarger that was being sold at a steal of a deal, but it didn't have the 6x7 neg carrier that I was wanting and that carrier was typically about $70-$100 on ebay.

25 dollars for 25 sheets of 8x10,thats alot,i know im brittish,but its £30 for 100 sheets of 8x10,which i thought was pricey,but seems rather cheap now

that includes tax and buying in larger amounts will decrease the box cost. Of course there are off brand papers that may be cheaper, but then one has to add shipping; which of course brings up the price

For $20 you should jump on it and ask the guy if he needs any work on his house. That is a bargain even if it;s broken n needs to be repaired.

BTW make your own neg carriers if you don't have any.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back