OMG...She Said YES (Mike & Kaycee..... the Proposal)

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Disclaimer: I'm not a wedding photographer. However, I am interested in the arena of people photography and want to pursue further.

This was my first ever paid gig. I met this fellow in a local photog meet-up group. We seemed to hit off and he called because he wanted a photographer to capture the moment and events of the evening when he proposes to his long time girlfriend. I started a thread to ask for advice on lighting, so to give the scenario, I'm going to cut and paste from that.

Scenario:
The approximately 30 guests will arrive at the restaruant at 7:00pm for a sit down meal in the reserved room. The future B&G will arrive at 7:30pm in the main dinning room. This delayed entry will allow the guests to have more time to finish their meal.

At some point, Mike will excuse himself to the restroom/toilet/loo. On his return, he will make a comment that he has seen a client of his (he is a podiatrist). When the client is nearing the time for the actual proposal, he will text message his friend, who will in turn signal me that he's ready to do the deal.

I will then enter the main dinning room and begin taking random photos of the guest, working my way to their table. As I ask if they mind if I take their photo, he will ask if I could take a few more...... as he pulls out the ring and proposes. He guaranteed me the answer will be YES. :) I will take several progressive shots at this time.

I will then saunter off towards and into the reserved room.

These are some shots from the main dinning room of the proposal.

"May I take your photo"​

634755961_pefPe-XL.jpg

On Bended Knee​

634760198_bvNKs-XL.jpg

OMG...WTF​

634817817_ZLF57-XL.jpg

She Said YES!!!​

634751021_FGCjC-XL.jpg

I later found out the Kaycee was moaning to Mike about the photographer and wondering why he kept hanging around. :barb

There's a lot more to go through to process, about 6GB worth, but I thought I'd share these and kindly ask for your comments. Good or bad, I'm rather thick skinned.​

Thanks for looking.

I think you pulled of the lighting just right - saw your thread prior to this gig. Considering(except for the first one) these are not possed shots I think these are really good!

If things don't work out, I know a good divorce lawyer, and you can get some more interesting shot's from the court room....:lol:....damn...that was just plain mean...I gotta chill...

Last edited:
I think you did a remarkable job and gave this couple memories (we hope) they will enjoy for a lifetime.

Great job of catching the moment. Exsposure and all looks really good. The only thing I notice that I might consider changing is that the skin tones seem to be really warm and eavy with Red / Magenta

Thanks all for your great comments. Much appreciated. I do feel they will be pleased with those moments.

Great job of catching the moment. Exsposure and all looks really good. The only thing I notice that I might consider changing is that the skin tones seem to be really warm and eavy with Red / Magenta
Actually, that is the kind of crit I'm looking for. Yes, I whole heartedly agree with the skin tone. I have the trial version of CS4 downloaded and will attempt to correct just that issue..... and a few other I know of. Thanks.

all shots are wonderful....what was the light source pl....was the flash bounced thru umbrella/softbox.

Great captures, really dig them.

I agree a SMALL tweak on the skin tones could work out well... and on the 3rd she seems to have a small bit of foliage in her teeth you might want to try and get rid of ;)

all shots are wonderful....what was the light source pl....was the flash bounced thru umbrella/softbox.
Thanks gopal. I used the Alzo Flip Flash Bracket Softbox Kit. Works really well, but it's a bit heavy.... not too bad, just have to get used to the added weight. I used a SB-800 flash. I had been shooting in the party room just before these were taken and I forgot to drop the TTL to -1.7 (well, that's what I wanted to do) for the close up shots. Oh BTW, everyone thought I was a Pro. :lmao:

Great captures, really dig them.

I agree a SMALL tweak on the skin tones could work out well... and on the 3rd she seems to have a small bit of foliage in her teeth you might want to try and get rid of ;)
Cheers Dominatly. I believe spinach was on the menu. :mrgreen: I'm removing that out on the finished edits.

Oh BTW, everyone thought I was a Pro.

Isn't that the main thing? When I switched from photojournalism to commercial the last advice from the two photogs I had been assisting for two years was: "look like you know what you're doing and you'll be fine."
:lmao:

And they were right.

Most reactions

Back