omg tony mott

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
ok im thinking its a joke...

but why,.,,,

this afternoon i got an email from "tony mott" whom if you arent aware is one of the most sought after rock photographers on the planet. he along with anton corbijn is my idol.

i have on my shutterfly photoblog that i would love to be his sidekick....

anyway today i got this email from "him" saying that a friend directed him to my site after reading that quote of mine which they thought was hilarious.
he actually told me my photography is good and that i should keep shooting!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i was in such shock, that i emailed him back to say thank you and then asjed if it was a joke as if its not im stunned and flattered.
he just wrote back!
said no its not a joke, explained exactly why he was at my site and said something about trying to build a new website but he knows nothing much about technology.

he sent me a copy of one of his bono pics too!!!

could this actually be really real? i mean, why would someone joke about that? whatd be the point?
he had an optus email account, which is one of australias cable companies...

im so friggin stunned and confused!!!!

Manda, you're so cute! It's a small world and totally possible that a friend of a friend of a friend pointed him in your direction. Did you offer to help him build his website?

Oh, and you should keep shooting! You are good!

Invite him over to a public cafe to talk about website building. That way you will know if this is real or not, instead of letting someone play cyber games.

yah, i was gonna say, there are a lot of mean people out there :( be careful! :p

buuuuut, if it is real, and you do go to the cafe to talk... what are you going to wear??? :shock: ;)

if it's real, that's just awesome! if i got an e-mail or somehting from my idol i would probably wet myself from excitment...

(did i say that outloud? ....oh boy)

hahah
how did this go from tony mott telling me my pics were good to he and i having a a business luncheon over coffee??

i would offer to rebuild his site but i suck at website design. grrr

I could totally see it being real. I'm with Mindy; run with it! You've done some great stuff, not surprising at all it's being noticed. Good for you! :cheer:

Manda: it might be real, and I belive it is :)
You got him :) yay :) congrats :)

update on this bizarre thing..

i asked if he had any tips because im going to an outdoor festival next weekend. he replied later giving me his number telling me to call him to discuss the festival as hes going too.

wtf? how can i know if this is for real? any suggestions of what to do? if this is for real, i dont want to give up an opportunity like this because im scared its a hoax and some guy trying to lure me into something creepy.

manda said:
wtf? how can i know if this is for real? any suggestions of what to do? if this is for real, i dont want to give up an opportunity like this because im scared its a hoax and some guy trying to lure me into something creepy.

Lure you into something creepy......well there's a bonus! :lol:
Why not just play along with it but make certain you have a buddy with you?
If it works out for the best then you also have a witness.

manda said:

i asked if he had any tips because im going to an outdoor festival next weekend. he replied later giving me his number telling me to call him to discuss the festival as hes going too.

Ok, now THAT sounds like BS. I would be very weary if I were you. There ar a lot of WEIRD psycho's on the internet. It'll probably wind up being some disgusting guy saying "Sorry I'm not him, but I'm reeeeally nice!"

Has he seen any pics of you? If so, maybe that has something to do with it. :shock: Seriously.

Ryan Gracie said:
manda said:

Ok, now THAT sounds like BS. I would be very weary if I were you. There ar a lot of WEIRD psycho's on the internet. It'll probably wind up being some disgusting guy saying "Sorry I'm not him, but I'm reeeeally nice!"

Has he seen any pics of you? If so, maybe that has something to do with it. :shock: Seriously.

yes. i agree. i don't want to have to fly to australia and get arrested for hurting this "tony mott."

but what if it really is him? maybe he wants to help out a person starting out and hes got a spare press pass or something.
stranger things have happened!

Do you know what the real Tony Mott looks like?

If so I would just email him and be honest... tell him that you are unsure because you take your safety seriously, but you wouldn't want to pass up this opportunity. Then since you were going to the festival anyway, ask him to tell you what he is going to wear or something along those lines.

That way *you* can approach him if the facts add up and you feel comfortable, but you aren't committed to a specific meeting. Any decent man would understand about you protecting your safety.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back