OMG!! Who'd have guessed!!

ImageArray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
imagearray.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I just found out that my hubby's father (god rest his soul) left his camera to Pat (my hubby) when he passed on. Pat's mother gave it to him saying it was a 35mm cheap little camera. It was in a camera case so we never opened it.

I opened it today (after 5 years!) and what do you know! It's an old school Nikon SLR (N2020) with lens and flash and the whole kit and kabootle!! I'm shocked. Hubby is buying me a Nikon D3100 for Christmas because I only have a P&S.

I'm soo uber excited about this find. I'm heading out now to buy batteries and film to test it out and see how it works.

WAHHH!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
It doesn't work!! I just bought new batteries, but when I turn it on... nada! I'm so sad now. Got all worked up for a broken camera.

However, I now have a compatible lens, hood, and flash for when I get my D3100 !!

Not sure why it's not working. I changed the batteries, and there was no previous battery acid spill. Everything is clean and looks to be in tip top shape. I'm fairly disappointed.

So I just found out that my hubby's father (god rest his soul) left his camera to Pat (my hubby) when he passed on. Pat's mother gave it to him saying it was a 35mm cheap little camera. It was in a camera case so we never opened it.

I opened it today (after 5 years!) and what do you know! It's an old school Nikon SLR (N2020) with lens and flash and the whole kit and kabootle!! I'm shocked. Hubby is buying me a Nikon D3100 for Christmas because I only have a P&S.

I'm soo uber excited about this find. I'm heading out now to buy batteries and film to test it out and see how it works.

WAHHH!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
It doesn't work!! I just bought new batteries, but when I turn it on... nada! I'm so sad now. Got all worked up for a broken camera.

However, I now have a compatible lens, hood, and flash for when I get my D3100 !!

Not sure why it's not working. I changed the batteries, and there was no previous battery acid spill. Everything is clean and looks to be in tip top shape. I'm fairly disappointed.

Nevermind! I lied!! It DOES work!! YAY!!! The flash doesn't seem to be working tho. This is so exciting!

wohh. MAJOR enrose86 flashback there...:confused::confused:

p!nK

Nevermind! I lied!! It DOES work!! YAY!!! The flash doesn't seem to be working tho. This is so exciting!

wohh. MAJOR enrose86 flashback there...:confused::confused:

p!nK

BAHAHAHA! :biglaugh:

So I'm a little excitable... never hurt anyone, right? I mean... I may have given the occasional headache or two... but... that's what Advil is for... :biglaugh:

Uh-oh... I have brought Gozer and the Key Master into the same thread. Please lock it while there is still time. The animated smilies will overtake us all....

OP: I kid because I love. Welcome, Nikon owners are always welcome.

p!nK

Okay... so am I not the only husband out there that would be offended if your wife referred to you as their "hubby"?

I dunno... maybe I'm alone on this, but I see "hubby" as being in the same category as "old lady" "the ole' ball and chain" or "my *****".

Women, what would you think if your husband were to introduce you to his friends as, "This is my wifey"?

Okay... so am I not the only husband out there that would be offended if your wife referred to you as their "hubby"?

I dunno... maybe I'm alone on this, but I see "hubby" as being in the same category as "old lady" "the ole' ball and chain" or "my *****".

Women, what would you think if your husband were to introduce you to his friends as, "This is my wifey"?

Haha I totally agree.

LMAO! I can see where you'd get that from... but where I grew up, the context in which it was used was always an endearing one. It's meant to be said with bubbly affection. Around here it's no insult at all, it's just as common as Honey, or Sweetheart, or Darling, etc.... :D:D:D

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Same here, OP. It's a term of endearment! I call my husband hubby all the time, at least in text. Funny thing is on my Droid it autotypes chubby. Now -that- could be offensive! :lmao:

Lucky find! Hubby is a much more endearing introduction than by means of the formal "husband". Maybe it differs depending on where you're from...?

LMAO! I can see where you'd get that from... but where I grew up, the context in which it was used was always an endearing one. It's meant to be said with bubbly affection. Around here it's no insult at all, it's just as common as Honey, or Sweetheart, or Darling, etc.... :D:D:D

Sorry if I offended anyone.

As long as it works between you and your husband then its nothing to worry about. I just know that if I were to refer to my wife as "the wifey", she'd flip her top.

I see the term get used a lot on the Internet (though never outside of that), I was just curious if I was the only one that found the term degrading or not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back