On editing

bronzeo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagemakerart.com
I'm curious about the general opinions of editing photos. In this example I would like a C/C on how this was handled. The only way to take this particular shot is with high waterflow, usually after a serious rain, and the water will always be merky at best. It is not a spectacular scene, but has some merits. It was shot from an abondoned bridge which I feel had a little natural vibration added to the shot and was a 2 minute exposure, so I am not completely satisfied with the focal shake or whatever. My main concern is about editing, because some people feel I take things too far. Being a full time artist by trade may license me to do that, but I also would like to aspire more as a photographer. I realize I could work on this thing for hours, but feel it presents well in this state for about 10 minutes of work.

Attachments

• $Shoal creek riff before 8x10.jpg
    $Shoal creek riff before 8x10.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 87
  • $Shoal creek riff 8x10.jpg
    $Shoal creek riff 8x10.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 77
I'm super picky when it comes to editing but this is a fair job. I do see your lines around the edges of the water though, which makes it clear there was some heavy PP and some may not like that. Those lines that stand out make the color difference fairly noticeable and to me, it makes the plants look "photoshopped" into the picture. Especially where the plants have been discolored to a purplish color. I also noticed you removed some of the plants. Clean up the lines, work on blending... Just my .02

Most reactions

Back