On Mount Kinabalu

peacock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello friends!

I've just hiked up one of the tallest mountains in South East Asia and I'm very proud of myself! :lol: Standing at 4095m (13440ft), it is the highest mountain in the island of Borneo and also the tallest in Malaysia. When I was hiking up, I regretted bringing up my 2kg SLR gear, but I ended up with fairly decent shots in my opinion. :p You might wonder why the rocks look so strange, it's because the summit is made out of granite.. So here goes...

above the clouds by HK.Colin, on Flickr

Laban Rata sunset by HK.Colin, on Flickr

First Light by HK.Colin, on Flickr

Mt. K 1 by HK.Colin, on Flickr

Mt. K 2 by HK.Colin, on Flickr

Mt. K 5 by HK.Colin, on Flickr

Mt. K 7 by HK.Colin, on Flickr

Mt. K 3 by HK.Colin, on Flickr

What do you think? I think I should've stayed longer to take better shots :p. Because I think the pictures are not enough to convey the true beauty that I saw on Mount Kinabalu, especially when I was at the summit looking down into the clouds. Personally, I think I like #7 the most...
Please C&C!!

There's more if you click on the link in my signature ;-).

Wow, nice job! GJ carrying the heavy equipment!

Be glad you lugged all your gear up that mountain: the photo show that it was definitely worth it. And congratulations not only on these "fairly decent shots" (your words! ;)) but also on making it all the way up to the summit of Mt Kinabalu!

number 6 really shows emotion, its something about black and white that really does it for me

Most reactions

Back