On site editing software?

Big Baller Digital

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am just starting to dab into portraits and was thinking of different ideas to help me during a shoot. I want to be able to view/edit each frame during a portrait session via camera to a laptop instead of using the view screen on the camera. Is it possible? Is there a program/software availble? Any advise would be appreciated

BBC

There are programs that will allow the camera to save the images directly to a computer via the USB cable. My Canon 20D came with the software, I think it's called remote capture. You can even fire the camera through the computer.

Nikon has similar software but I'm not sure which cameras it's included with...if any.

Thanks BM, you're always knowledgable. I will check my Olympus software. I have notice the image with the LED screen on the camera is NOT always whats is produced. Just trying to think of other alternatives.

Trying to judge exposure by looking at the image on the camera's LCD...is an exercise in futility. If anything, the only good feature is the blinking highlight blow-out warning that most cameras have.

I always check the histogram...that is a much better judge of exposure.

Of course, I still find myself zooming into the image to look for things like closed eyes and other small details. In which case, having the image on a lap top would be a great advantage.

I am sure that most of the others do it . But I know that Canon cameras come with a program bundled with the camera , which allows you to put all the images through a Lap/ Desk Top as you view / edit / snap / print etc. Also I would think that there would be some freeware somewhere. any hints?....

Big Mike said:
Of course, I still find myself zooming into the image to look for things like closed eyes and other small details. In which case, having the image on a lap top would be a great advantage.

Exactly ! ! ! I think it would be easier to edit the closed eyes, the half smiles, wondering eyes....etc. I have not had a cance to look at the software for the Olympus but this is the next agenda on my list. Just the few portraits I have done so far I see a REAL need to this.

I don't know about editing the images during the shoot. If anything, I would just use the large screen to proof the image to determine if I need to shoot it again.

Most reactions

Back