Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My US Fender Lonestar Stratocaster on the workbench for a clean up, a set of 10's and a set-up. Lighting was just the angle-poise lamp to the top-right of the shot, and a bit of work inside PS to finish off.

540997097_462f4b2666_o.jpg

Any comments always welcome...

Well that's clearly a loving shot of a cherished item. I like the angle at which you chose to shoot it. And the b/w treatment works well.

Thanks Anty. I've had that one a while now, and it's probably the one I pick up and play more than any of the others, it just seems to fit. It was never intended to be a pristine shot of the guitar, just an impression of something that was happening at the time - a pristine shot would at least have had the strings on and no card packet holding the bridge up off the paintwork.

It's not a perfect shot by any means, scratchplate a little too bright and no light getting into the tool drawer (bottom left) which is why it's framed like it is. I think it gets the idea over though.

Not sure about the composition, maybe could do with more rotation to get the head more towards the top left corner/tighter crop, but that shadow and curve is giving me a great sense of 3D! Nice, simple lighting! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back