On The Defensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Humle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I believe that in forums NO ONE should ever be put on the defensive! It's the same as telling someone thier questions are meaningless and that they should just shut up or leave...
Regarding my thread about use of a light tent, AlexB gave a great reply. The fact is, I didn't get all the answers I needed and without getting in to a long explaination, I am not satisfied with the images I posted of the knife. All I wanted was for more people to respond with different views, and images if they had them to offer.
Now, I am hesitant to ask any question on this forum in fear that I might be repetitious.
I expect no resonses to this posting. I simply had to express my feelings.

Albert Morris - Feelings Lyrics

FEELINGS

Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
trying to forget my feelings of love.
Teardrops rolling down on my face,

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, girl; you'll never come again.

Feelings, wo-o-o feelings,
wo-o-o, feel you again in my arms.

Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
and feelings like I've never have you again in my heart.

and feelings like I've never have you again in my life.

wo-o-o, feelings again in my arms.
Feelings...(repeat & fade)

- Morris Albert

Without links, I'm honestly not sure what it is you are referring to, but there is really no reason you should be afraid to ask questions on this forum. We do our absolute best to make sure everything runs smoothly, and that everyone plays nice...however, there are times when things get overlooked...in those cases, just notify a moderator.

Whatever the problem, we always do our best to resolve the conflict to the best of everyone's interests...so...feel free to talk to any of us if you need something resolved...that's what we're here for.

Michael,

Please understand that the majority of members here, want to help. And keep in mind that conversing on a message forum isn't like talking to someone face to face.

I saw your post...and it honestly looked like you are asking the same old questions that you asked before. Questions that people took time to answer and give you feed back on.

If you ask the same questions...you will get the same answers...and it makes sense to me that someone would ask why you would ask the same question again...rather than just blindly give the same answers again and again.

If you had specified that you were looking for further insight than you had before...or that you were not satisfied with your photographic results...then the members could help you better. This is one of those things that you probably had in mind but it didn't come across on the screen.

bace said:
Albert Morris - Feelings Lyrics

FEELINGS

Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
Teardrops rolling down on my face,

wo-o-o, feel you again in my arms.

and feelings like I've never have you again in my heart.

and feelings like I've never have you again in my life.

wo-o-o, feelings again in my arms.
Feelings...(repeat & fade)

- Morris Albert

That, sir, cracked me up.

treehuggerhikerboy said:
That, sir, cracked me up.
SUCCESS!!!!

*tips hat*
*leaves on a high note*

Michael Humle said:
Best of luck to all of you....

??? Fun aside, don't tell me you're leaving because of this? I really believe this must be some kind of misunderstanding. people on TPF are always willing to help, so...

pascal

Michael Humle said:
Best of luck to all of you....

Did Malcolm X give up that easy? Did Dolly Parton not persevere with those giant orbs bringing her down? Do you think Ansel Adams would have dealt with with a forum like that?

I may be the biggest jackass in the world, but being on the defensive is YOUR reaction. A reaction, that may or may not have been necessary (as of yet you haven't posted a link to said thread for anyone to understand what it is you're carrying on about). Sounds like you're reacting with a little bit too much intensity.

I'll tell you something, i've almost been banned from this site many a times, because my brazen attitude is unwelcome. You know why? Because this community is filled with the friendliest people in the photography world.

Literally.

People are wondering why you're getting defensive? Because I guarantee you are, for no reason. It even looks like the misunderstanding was explained and you're still over reacting.

maybe it is just a monday ... everyone suffers on mondays

;)

bace ... so you admit not being one of the nice people here? ;) ... actually I never saw you doing anything bad.. but then again I am still almost a newbie ;)

seriously, i'm prolly one of the bigger aholes on here.

and bace, i think the general will of the public preserved dolly pardons orbs, she didn't have to do anything haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back