on the mongolian border

bydlo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
a shot from a journey with the transsibirian railway to bejing.
it shows a place on the mongolian/chinese border where trainworkers mount new axes under the train because of different track size.
therefore the whole train got lifted.
for those who are interested in technical data..here we go:
Pentacon six with 50mm
ilford pan 100
emofin (5 1/2 minutes every step)
stop & time i cant remember
printed on classic art polykalttone Baryt

regards axel

spurwechselhalle.jpg

you take us right down the walkway - nice. although not terribly distracting, my eye keeps drifting to the large black area at the bottom of the image, which is a little frustrating because this image is wonderful! the brilliance the lights produce is perfect...not overly blown. this would not have worked in anything other than b&w imo.

thanks for the location info...it's always interesting to know what i'm looking at.

Cool photo .....

You've captured the feel of the working enviroment in the railway.... I myself have working in the rail industry for nearly 20 years and this is great.

They change boogies over like this between France and Spain too I think.

Wonderful photo thanks for sharing.

wow you know.. here in Poland we have a national photo contest titled "railway photography" It would be a great submission... but you have to be Polish :(

Other than the item in front of the picture, my eyes also go down the runway and veer off then back on again then up to take in lights and ceiling. The composition is great, the amount of light is just enough to keep it interesting and create a lot of mood. I think this is one very good photo and thank you for the trip, I really enjoyed it.

Nice converging lines.... amazing skim lighting on the sides of the cars... and I love seeing the face in the upper right at the end of it all - it adds interest and scale.

:thumbup:

-Pete

This is an amazingly powerfull picture, It reminds me of the pictures of the train stations in Germany in WWII. Fantastic job, personally, the piece of concrete or whatever it is on the floor couldn't hurt this photo. DON'T CHANGE IT!

I do like the shot, but my eyes are having trouble with it. It's like they are being pushed away from the center of the image to the outskirts where there isn't much detail. I think cropping in a little at all four corners makes it a stronger image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back