On the prom

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The wet curves of the sea-wall, exposed at low tide after rain, and foreshortened and emphasised by a long lens, drew me into this shot. Black and white showed the shapes best. Does it work?

Tony

For more info got to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Cleveleys-promenade.jpg

Yes it does work...it leads the viewer's eye right into and through the image.

I appreciate the speedy response guys. I've looked at this shot, taken a fortnight ago, and not been able to make up my mind about the composition, the tonal range, and whether it's just too "busy". I'm pleased to get some positives on it - thanks.

Regards, Tony

Thanks for the further kind comments kemizz, Finisher & JenniferLynn. JL, I spotted the curves as I walked along, and saw how the long zoom compressed them, then I waited for some figures to appear on the promenade to give a focus and some strong definition.

Regards, Tony

You ask if it works?

It DOES!
Perfectly so!

One more "genuine Boughen" here! You do spot your lines and curves and shapes so well all the time, I really admire you for that. And you always seem to know which lens is best and which exposure and all that ... wow. I am in awe. :hail:

Thanks Corinna and Wolff. I don't usually post anything I have doubts about, but I kept switching between liking and being unsure about this one. Its a location I'll have another shot at, probably in the sunlight with dry steps! I agree about the steps themselves Wolff, and I did take a couple of shots of just the curves. I'll have to have another look at them.

Regards, Tony

I really like this photo. The stairs just bring my eyes right into it. The black and white give it something extra.

Wow, this is great. Nice curving lines drawing me into the picture, the people and the view in the distance are just perfect.

Most reactions

Back