Once Giants

This makes me hate where I live...beautiful shot as always. I especially like the warmth of the shot...reminds me the feeling of the sun going down on a really warm day.

Aie, now that is awesome. It's very pretty and so on, but the subtext adds a bunch of grim. Which is all to the good.

Nice image of the ole girl. You did a good job handling that haze we've having in the hills, but then that same haze is what gave the nice evening light. I really need to get up to that side of the mountain, most of my shots of it are from directly north looking into the crater from the edge of the Monument area above the Green River.

This makes me hate where I live...beautiful shot as always. I especially like the warmth of the shot...reminds me the feeling of the sun going down on a really warm day.

Yeah that's about right! The sun was going down and it was pretty warm.

I had to drive 3.5 hours to see this in person.

Aie, now that is awesome. It's very pretty and so on, but the subtext adds a bunch of grim. Which is all to the good.

Thanks amolitor. Hopefully the title lends itself to that too.

Nice image of the ole girl. You did a good job handling that haze we've having in the hills, but then that same haze is what gave the nice evening light. I really need to get up to that side of the mountain, most of my shots of it are from directly north looking into the crater from the edge of the Monument area above the Green River.

First time for me! But not the last.

I love being in Chicago but I'd rather see Mother Nature's tall structures than Man's any day.

I can second that!

Works really well on several levels. Composition and technical elements are very good. Counterpoint of delicate wildflowers growing after the devastation of the mountain, is very well expressed. There is still a feeling of menace even with the warm glow and the flowers.

Holy crap! That's beyond gorgeous! I'm always all about colour in photographs for some reason.. and this just completely does it for me.

Majeed, this is a very nice picture. I remember exactly where I was when that mountain blew it stop. I was nowhere near it, but I will never forget where I was, because having a geological background, I understood what was happening and how catastrophic it was.

WesternGuy

Yeah, the title puts it all together for me. I was on the west coast in 1980, which makes it.. not personal as such, but more meaningful.

Works really well on several levels. Composition and technical elements are very good. Counterpoint of delicate wildflowers growing after the devastation of the mountain, is very well expressed. There is still a feeling of menace even with the warm glow and the flowers.

Thanks very much. This is such a cool location. And an eerie one too when you consider the magnitude of geological events that happened here not so long ago...

Holy crap! That's beyond gorgeous! I'm always all about colour in photographs for some reason.. and this just completely does it for me.

Thanks mwild! Glad you like it.

Majeed, this is a very nice picture. I remember exactly where I was when that mountain blew it stop. I was nowhere near it, but I will never forget where I was, because having a geological background, I understood what was happening and how catastrophic it was.

WesternGuy

Thanks Westernguy. The whole boundary trails are covered in a range of beautiful wildflowers. I only caught a few of them in this frame.

Yeah, the title puts it all together for me. I was on the west coast in 1980, which makes it.. not personal as such, but more meaningful.

I see. Thanks.

I remember fishing Spirit Lake and elk hunting around the mountain when it was taller and had more snow on it. Even stayed at the lodge on Spirit lake, but I don't remember Harry.

Beautiful shot, I love everything about it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back