Once Upon A Foggy December

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went for coffee with my father and family friend today and noticed how foggy it was so I thought I should go for a walk and take some pictures. :0)

Here's a few of the pictures.

2003-12-11-0008.jpg

2003-12-11-0032.jpg

2003-12-11-0029.jpg

2003-12-11-0035.jpg

2003-12-11-0005.jpg

2003-12-11-0031.jpg

2003-12-11-0017.jpg

The main thing I found annoying towards the end of the pictures taken *other than starting to get cold, it was 6C* was that there were all of these water marks in the pictures. I kept checking the lense and it was clean. Perhaps the flash picked up all the water particles in the air. I shoulda used a tripod and exposed the pictures longer but I didnt want to lug around a tripod. :0).

surfingfireman said:
I like #4 the best with the increasing size of trees from left to right.

My fav's are # 4 and # 5, # 6 would be good if it wasnt for that large spot in the center. to bad it wasnt higher and I could say it was the moon or sun, hehe. Yet the lense was clean the entire time, musta been light reflecting off of fog particles or something. :0).

I wasnt sure about # 4 since your not suppose to center the subject but it looked best to me for it to be centered. :0).

I agree with 4. It definately has the best composition. Too bad there wasn't in the foreground to add contrast. Which brings me to #6. Without that flare it is the best because of its contrast.

I like #1 the best. I really like the layering affect caused by fog and subject matter at different distances.

Lug around the tripod; it's worth it.

I have been a fog chaser for years now. It's one of my favorite subjects. I've been searching weather sites all over the internet trying to learn the conditions that are likely to produce fog. So far I haven't figured out much (I just go out early and hope for the best). Any weather-people out there that know what causes fog?

It snowed here last night, and it's supposed to be foggy tonight. Night and fog together is a beautiful thing. It can almost inspire me to load the camera with color film, almost.

Since you guys brought it up. I have to say that fog in the high country is strange indeed. First you have your "ice fog" It happens on the mornings that it is 15 below zero and sunny. Any thing that even resembles moisture turns to ice. Tiny shards of glass that float in the air without landing. Then you have, "it snowed last night, now there is this cloud sitting at 9000 feet", and it won't move. I can't even see the tips of my skis. I have always got the impression that it is a ground to air moisture/tempature deal.

craig said:
Dramatic!! Well done! The fog adds an eerie quality that catches the viewer's attention. Did you see any monsters?

The only monster I seen was myself in the car mirror *smirks*. MOnster as in appearance, hehe.

From my expience it gets foggy when the temp suddenly changes, like if tis been cold and then gets really warm or vice versa. :0)

Its beautiful out when it was foggy and then gets really cold so there is a layer of ice on everything. That happend the day I bought my digital camera. I didnt have my film camera with me and didnt feel like going back home to get it to take pics before I went to the city to get het digital camera, hopin git would still be there wehn I got back later that day, but it wasnt. :0).

Thanks for all the compliments. :0).

What a great batch of images - very dreamlike, I love your foggy day!! It's a shame you had to do battle with those raindrops. I'm not normally the person to urge touch up in PS but in the case of image #6 I'd go ahead and get rid of that one ruinous spot. It's such a lovely image. I also really like #1.

These landscapes work best for me, you can totally place yourself in them. Really nice work!!

I agree with ksmattfish. #1 gets my vote as the best of the bunch also. Nice work! :)

Aaron

Most reactions

Back