One Camera-One lens

Price IS an object so low, entry level end, but good enough to get quality to semi-quality shots.

Remember One camera with ONE lens (although the camera should be a DSLR.)

Thanks to all...

I would go with Canon G9 if non-DSLR is allowed, because why buy DSLR if you are restricted with only ONE lens.

BUT, I don't want to spoil the fun... ;)
Nikon D40 (non-X version) + Sigma 30 f/1.4 HSM, Good performance, fast, small, light and cheap.

because why buy DSLR if you are restricted with only ONE lens.

Instant start up, easier manual controls, more control over aperture, option to buy more lenses later on, bigger viewfinder, zero shutter lag, etc...

..... option to buy more lenses later on, ......

That's the top reason of having an SLR/DSLR...
But, what I meant with RESTRICTED = 1 lens for all, No option to buy more lenses later on... :wink:

I went with the Nikon D60 and a Sigma 30mm. I'm happy with it. Made this photo the other day when my 30mm f/1.4 lens came in... it was nice to have a shallow depth of field with a DSLR.

2337181459_417da77416_b.jpg

I'll bite!

Canon Xt + Sigma 18-50 f2.8 lense.

Reasonably quick lense with some zoom and you can find some good deals on the Xt.

Canon XTi with a canon Canon EF 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 USM II - no complaints for a long time with that combo or the 30D kit lens

The new sony a200, a300, or a350 would ALL be good beginner choices (especially the first two) They have a very comfortable grip, the second two have live view WITH autofocus, in body image stabilization (meaning you wont pay extra for lenses with image stabilization), plus they're all very very intuitive as far as menues go, plus you can buy used minolta lenses (autofocus) and they'll work on the sony cameras. if you're looking, or someone else is or whatever, DONT count Sony out, because they have some really good stuff out right now and are continuing to build their lineup. for lenses, i'd reccomend a 50mm or the kit 18-70mm . Just becasue everyone ELSE says to go with canon or nikon, you dont need to listen. Of course everyone is going to recommend their own camera, or something from their brand, and i'm no different, but you just really need to look into sony, AND the other brands, because in the last few years, the beginners market has just exploded so everyone has good stuff. but seriously, look into sony, you might be surprised

Pentax K10D and Tamron AF 18-250 f3.5-6.3. My lens advice is this because of one lens choice which will be usable for all purposes. It will behave like a 14X optical zoom, image stabilized (SR) DSLR-like camera with big sensor.

Canon XT/XTi with a Sigma 28-70mm.

I generally keep the 28-70 on my 10D, and I love it.

Most reactions

Back