One day , one face .

7bua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi people, I've had good time lurking around here, enjoying great pictures of people. I would like to share some of mine, just like the title : one day, one face :mrgreen:

dsc00031rt1.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

There are things that I like about this image. The exposure is good, it's very sharp, the shallow DOF (maybe a little too shallow) gives a nice effect.

I'm uncertain about the feeling though. I'm not sure if he's smiling, or worried or something like that. I think it might be a stronger portrait if he was looking at something besides the camera...or maybe if he was engaging the the camera a little more.

Either way, it's still a very good shot and a great first post. I look forward to seeing more.

Yeah, thank you Mike. I appreciate your comment . He seemed having difficulty to express a full smile because he has ...uhm ... Hemiplegia , i guessed :blushing:. The built-in flash did a not so good job in making his eyes more lively :confused: Next time , i'll bring an external flash :mrgreen:

And for today:

img1259et7.jpg

Cute kid. It looks like the focal point was more on the hand and the nose rather than the eyes. It might also be these horrible screens at work.

Still impressed by this girl :sexywink:

chandung22vxst1.jpg

Hi hi, thank Hazel . And now for today :D

img1890zr6.jpg

Oh, I do like the "today" picture here. She is sitting at a white table, I assume, which served as your "reflector" to get her face lit up while the sun actually shines from behind? Nice reflections in her eyes (and I can detect an additional light there) ... makes me wonder if this was as spontaneously taken as it seems or whether you set a lot more up to get this than I think?

Thank you Lafoto. The girl stood against a stone pillar. She posed herself and i used an external flash for filling ( we shoot in group so i have little chance:lol: ). Here is another pic of her when we relaxed. Hope you enjoy it :)

img1971rn1.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum:hugs:

I do like all these shots. You've caught interesting facial expressions in each one. The first one, I like the dof except for his ears which, imho, would have been a bit sharper.

I love the little girl, I would have tryed to grab her eyes as the focal point (I think already noted) and maybe included her other pigtail.

The last one is my favorite, the lighting is beautiful.

As a matter of fact, your lighting is stunning in all of them. One of the hardest aspects with shooting people is eliminating facial shadows and you have done that effortlessly...kudos to you:wink:

Most reactions

Back