One for C/C

El2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was working indoors, no lighting equipment available just a ceiling light. I took pictures of my friend's son. I think it's a bit soft because my SS is low :( C/C welcome.

Besides speed light, and lighting equipment, how else I can get that desired lighting without getting the harsh shadows? I also notice the pin lights in his eyes, due to the lighting. How do I get rid of that?

3085900359_3573e2c007.jpg

Nice shot for using a ceiling light! You can use a reflector camera left (his right) to fill in the shadows.

Nice work! David is right on with his suggestion on the use of the reflector. The secret here is to evne up the exposure, such that you don't have the deep shadow area lower left, by using a reflector (this doesn't have to be a fancy photo-store reflector, even a biggish piece of white paper will do) and the spot-metering the skin tones on his face. As far as the catchlights in his eyes, those are a desirable element; you don't normally want to get rid of them. Ideally, it's best to have them just off to the side of the pupil rather than in the centre, but if you didn't have them at all, you'd find the eyes looked rather dull and lifeless. I'd also think about a background other than the brown fur; it's imparted a strong brown cast onto the the child's head, but that's minor. Overall, a nice image. You're definitely making progress!

Most reactions

Back