Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thank You :D
1)
ava3.jpg

Overprocessed snapshot with a horrible flash shadow.

1) who are you to say its a snapshot, you have no idea what I was doing when I took this shot
2) overprocessed I barely even touched it
3) its a shadow, nothing you can do about that now

It is not a good photo.
If YOU like it, that is all that matters, but it is just that, a picture you took. It is not art to me, or probably to 99% of people, it is a picture.
Cute kid!

1) who are you to say its a snapshot, you have no idea what I was doing when I took this shot

1) I am responding to your request for c&c, that's who I am. Without any explanation from you as to the motives or story, this is a snapshot. Even with a compelling stroy to back the photo, the photo itself isn't telling a story, therefore its a snapshot. It is not well thought out due to many distracting elements and poor composition, therefore it is a snapshot.

2) Your definition of 'barely touched it' is equivalent to most people's definition of 'overprocessed to hell' Seriously, you barely touched it? It just had that purple and green tint to it right outta the camera?

3) There was something you could have done BEFORE you took the shot, but I guess that's pretty typical of your style - take a worthless snapshot and then try and make it look good after the fact :er: You need to take the advice you've been given a million times already on this forum, and think about taking proper photos, not about how to process them afterwards.

1) I am responding to your request for c&c, that's who I am. Without any explanation from you as to the motives or story, this is a snapshot. Even with a compelling stroy to back the photo, the photo itself isn't telling a story, therefore its a snapshot. It is not well thought out due to many distracting elements and poor composition, therefore it is a snapshot.

2) Your definition of 'barely touched it' is equivalent to most people's definition of 'overprocessed to hell' Seriously, you barely touched it? It just had that purple and green tint to it right outta the camera?

3) There was something you could have done BEFORE you took the shot, but I guess that's pretty typical of your style - take a worthless snapshot and then try and make it look good after the fact :er: You need to take the advice you've been given a million times already on this forum, and think about taking proper photos, not about how to process them afterwards.

+1 :thumbup:

with the trike pic i thought you were taking a step forward, but with this one...you took three steps back.:er:

The 3 things that got my attention before I even noticed the girl was:

1. The blurry framed picture behind her.
2. The corner of the couch.
3. The dark shadow behind her.

This turned out to be a little more harsh than I intended...

I have yet to respond to any of your requests for C&C. I keep hoping there'll be one that is thought out and minimally processed. When I say minimally processed, I mean the average person's minimal processing. You say you barely touched it. Okay, maybe compared to some of your others you did. Try not touching it. "Sir, put the CS5 down and slowly step away." Sorry to be harsh, but you post a ton of photos. What do people say? They say they want to see more photography and less processing. Yet you continue to do the same things. Heck, there's at least 3 threads started by you today on the active topics page. Now, I definitely have a long way to go in photography (which is really an infinite road), but if I ask people how can I improve my photography, they probably expect me to listen to what they say then come back with a photo(s) showing I listened to what they said. I'm not downing your photography, just the fact that you don't seem to listen. Concentrate on photography. Processing should be a very distant afterthought at this point for you.

The fact is that this is just a snapshot. Snapshots are not bad, a lot of times they just don't make sense to other people. They break a lot of "rules" of photography, and can be boring if you weren't there or don't know the person. To you, it has a story (I assume), but to us it's *insert Ace Ventura sharp inhale*:

a girl looking at something we can't see, in the center of the frame of a crooked photo with her arm cut off by the chair with a lot and I mean a lot of distractions, including the harsh shadow, with some odd black and white with a yellowish tinge processing.

Sorry for the harshness.

p.s. I feel so sorry for the dead horse that continues to get beaten.

The 3 things that got my attention before I even noticed the girl was:

1. The blurry framed picture behind her.
2. The corner of the couch.
3. The dark shadow behind her.

the first thing i noticed was the green/purple gradient all across the photo.

1) The fact that we can't tell what you were "doing" or "going for" in the shot is what makes it a snapshot. No definitive purpose. That, and the TV (or picture) sticking out of her head is terrible.

2) If you barely touched it, I call B.S. and want to see the original with EXIF intact.

3) No sht Sherlock...that's why you get it right IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Overall it looks like you wanted to get a "Film Noir" edgy look and just picked the closest thing to you as a subject, a child. Not really an "edgy" subject IMO.

Another swing and a miss er111a.

*insert Ace Ventura sharp inhale*:

a girl looking at something we can't see, in the center of the frame of a crooked photo with her arm cut off by the chair with a lot and I mean a lot of distractions, including the harsh shadow, with some odd black and white with a yellowish tinge processing.

best cc ever :lmao: cant stop thinking about Mr. Ace Ventura saying this like that

Most reactions

Back