One from the weekend

Joefbs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really like this shot from a wedding I attended this weekend. Thought these guys had a cool look and liked the area they were standing in. What do you guys think?
4b04d1c8744b1ef366705c32a4120ae2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...it's a "moment in time". It's something you saw, something that YOU, yourself, thought looked cool. So, that's enough to click the shutter on. For me, as a non-participant at the wedding, it's not a really strong shot, but it DOES capture the men interacting, it has strong implied line of sight, and their placement against the painting and table is good, and the lighting is good too. On its own, it's not great, but it's not bad either. As part of a series, it'd be a nice detail. I think the two men are framed perhaps a bit too low overall, but the amount of space allotted to the painting sort of mitigates that, somewhat. WHat's nice about the painting is that the DARK grays make their lighter faces stand out in good contrast, and there are plenty of dark/light junctures in their clothes and bodies that make therm really "pop!" pretty well. The pointing with drink gesture of the man on the right really elevates this; if he would have been captured just standing there, this would not have made nearly as good a shot.

Well...it's a "moment in time". It's something you saw, something that YOU, yourself, thought looked cool. So, that's enough to click the shutter on. For me, as a non-participant at the wedding, it's not a really strong shot, but it DOES capture the men interacting, it has strong implied line of sight, and their placement against the painting and table is good, and the lighting is good too. On its own, it's not great, but it's not bad either. As part of a series, it'd be a nice detail. I think the two men are framed perhaps a bit too low overall, but the amount of space allotted to the painting sort of mitigates that, somewhat. WHat's nice about the painting is that the DARK grays make their lighter faces stand out in good contrast, and there are plenty of dark/light junctures in their clothes and bodies that make therm really "pop!" pretty well. The pointing with drink gesture of the man on the right really elevates this; if he would have been captured just standing there, this would not have made nearly as good a shot.
Thanks Derrel for your thoughts on this! I have received so much advise from you and everyone on this site. Only way to get better is to hear what others think. Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back