One from Yesterday

Brycycle53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

DSC_0316 by Bryce R, on Flickr

I shot this yesterday at our local indoor park.

Shot this using my new light Stands and umbrellas,
Two vivitar 285hv's to the right of the rider at 1/2 power each fired into an umbrellas pointing down of the rider.

1 sunpak 120j fired into an umbrella to the left point up to light the ramp and the rider. Full power.

Fired by cybersyncs.
Nikon d90 ISO 800
85mm 1.8 at 5.6 1/200
edited in lightroom 4

Nit picks I have about it, is wheel overlapping the garage door and his white shirt. I tried to adjust it slightly to separate his shirt from the wall.

pretty cool. Your statement is correct though. The background is a bit busy and the rider is lost in the background. I also think the rider is too centered on the photo.

I would agree with you about it being centered if he was low , maybe in place of that black poster, but being in the upper third of the frame i dont see it as a bad thing, and the busy background i feel adds to the industrial warehouse look, I was just sad he was wearing the white shirt.
Probably could have cropped it a little tighter losing the little bit of wall showing on the right.

almost asked him to trade me shirts but i didnt want to push it haha

I am saying the same thing what you were saying. I meant the rider as a whole (including the bike). The bike is lost with the background. Too busy. Would be nicer if the rider & the bike is on the right where it is not as busy.

Cool. First I thought it is a surveillance camera over some industrial installation :lol:, but it's just the biker flying high.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back