Reaction score
Website
www.sandphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How weak are these?

3180694667_c82526d713_o.jpg

3180694673_0b82dc8a8c_o.jpg

How weak are these?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

How weak are these?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I agree. Are you asking if the photos suck? Or are you asking a question about exposure or lighting?

Not to be an ass, but I really am not sure what you mean.

-Nick

I guess I like the photos alot and would like an unbiased opinion. Are they weak attempts and if so what would you do differently? I used a single strobe behind the camera into a large reflector.

Got it. I like the composition a lot on number two. On number one I'd like to see the boy looking into the camera.

They are not weak, but the lighting is wrong. Let me re-phrase that, in my opinion the lighting is wrong. (Some people get testy) It looks like a straight on flash when I think this is exactly what you where trying to avoid.

A slow sync shot with a diffused shoe mount flash would be perfect. You would get all the detail of the subjects, loose the bad shadows, and get better exposure on the city background (especially on shot one).

Just my thoughts.

-Nick

I will comment when you give it your all but I am not going to spend time on a "weak attempt" on your part. Cant wait to see what you do when you care :)

I will comment when you give it your all but I am not going to spend time on a "weak attempt" on your part. Cant wait to see what you do when you care :)

I don't care if people are nice or just plain asses. We are all adults and can take it. However, if you are going to make a comment like this, don't bother. A simple yeah they are weak would do more.

Really though, you took the time to right this, it would have take a lot more time to make some comments? Doubtful.

Sorry for this waste of time bigalbest. We are all here to learn and help. Sometimes you get people like this who are here for, well I really don't know why they are here.

-Nick

Good snapshots.

Nothing less, nothing more.

To me, that's a weak post. Anybody can "criticize" and put people down, but the adult part of it is to suggest how to make the photo better. That's why people want C&C to begin with... Think it's weak? That's fine, but do you have anything to offer to make it better?

My point was, if he wants some feed back on something he did, thats great. I will spend time looking and thinking. I give alot of feedback and spend time really looking and thinking. But if he thinks its crap, I am not going to spend my time or effort. If he wants to post something he is proud of and wants to improve on, I am totally there. Also, if he thinks they really need help but needs direction, thats another issue. But asking how "weak" a photo is isnt asking for help at all, thats moping.

and, I dont think they are total crap at all. I think a couple modifications to his set up could make the photots nice.

I was visiting an old friend of mine in Ahwatukee (sp?), and happened to have some equipment with me. There are outlying hills of South Mountain directly behind his home that look very scenic. He said there were some nice trails leading up with nice views and I talked him and his two sons into a hike. It was late afternoon and he said we could probably make it to the top with sunlight still shining up top. By the time we got there (after what turned out to be a grueling steep hike), I was half exhausted from the gear I had carried and we just missed the quickly setting sun. I had been counting on using the sun for an edge light and had only brought one powerful light. Decided to make the best of it and try to get some good shots for all my effort and took these. I plan on trying this again sometime soon so I think with a little better preparation and timing the next photos will more closely approach what I was looking for. Still, I kinda like these and thought they were fairly decent for the circumstances. And it doesn't bother me to take some criticism, there is always something to be learned and I always welcome all comments. :D

I like the shots, but they do have that direct flash look, even though you used the reflector. Light off on a 45 degree angle would have been a lot better I think.

Most reactions

Back