One mailbox and a curved curb

tehbuffalo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Fooling around by my house. Hope you like!!! :thumbup:

Picture021.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Thanks for the feedback... I think it was in focus but I used a smooth filter.

I have to give you 5/5

Snapshots of grass and mailboxes don't get any better than that.

Have you tried available light portraits by any chance. I find them much more challenging... and you get to interact with people during the process, so it's somewhat social.

I don't have a good enough camera and I am not experienced enopugh yet. But I'm sure it is a great as you say. :heart:

BTW, do you really think that someone who is taking mediocre pictures of grass is an expierienced enough photographer to do portraits? I'm 14 and I got my camera a few days ago gimme a break.

I think your just taking advantage of my novice work to show off. : )

tehbuffalo said:
I think your just taking advantage of my novice work to show off. : )
I'm not that evil. ;)

I was trying to give you an idea as to what you can do. Your first portrait session will be a "learning experience" no matter how long you've had your camera... as with everybody.

The point is: you will get more replies if you change your subject matter to something more exciting

Good luck

Well, once again you will have noticed that this is a slow thread with only few replies, but the Doc here already pointed out why this might be the case: your photos still lack in "things to say". You are trying to play with angles and shapes, and that alone is a good concept, but they show only too clearly that you are still trying. Unfortunately, for the time being, they are not too exciting ... and I really don't like the "sepia", which is pink.

That curved curb pic COULD have been nicer if you had changed your point of view (POV) just so the upper edge would not touch the border of your frame. Some more room on top would certainly have helped that one.

The letter box is out of focus ... and even if you say you chose a soft focus, it does not work for something like a letter-box. The effect on the viewer will always be that of an OUT-OF-focus photo. Sorry to say so...

One important thing for you to do, though, is to ditch this "sepia".
It does not help ANY...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back