One Man Band | C&C Please!

macpro88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One Man Band performing at the Ann Arbor Art Festival

Please C&C! The only way I'll get better is if you C&C please! Thanks!

one_man_band by macpro88, on Flickr

Cropped, adjusted, then Silver Efex conversion.

EDIT:

Here is another edit based on C&C:

IMG_4661 by macpro88, on Flickr

Last edited:
Too much distraction in background.
A different angle might be more suitable.

I agree with dxq. It can be helped some by cropping the top and making the background a little darker.

I'm wondering if you should try to re-do the B&W conversion, there is no true black or white showing, just various shades of grey.
Also, did you sharpen the image?

I'll agree that it is a little midtone rich, but my biggest complaint is how crooked the building is.
Depending on how much you cropped away you might have room to rotate and perspective correct and get back to this same composition, just tidied up a bit. I have no problem with the background myself. It's the street! It's a component of the story!
If you try doing any more work on this, I'd try to keep the pole in th imag like you have it. I like it there.

I do agree with Bitter about the street component ... I disagree about the building in the background ... a different angle showing the side street or sidewalk as the background (something more empty).

Thanks for the comments everyone! Sorry it took me a while to get back, been busy with work :\ I'll redoo some edits and repost what I came up with.

Ok, tried to take everyone's suggestions into consideration:

Straightened it out a bit, it does look way better that way. Went with a more black and white conversion without the silverness to it and took some of the detail down a bit. Also tried to burn the background a little bit with out making him look like he's glowing lol. Also, the street to the right would even more noisy and busy than what I shot him against, it was a very very very buys afternoon at the art festival.

Let me know what you guys think:

IMG_4661 by macpro88, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back