One more experimental shot of Jordan

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't really a fan of this shot until I decided to see what it would look like if I rotated it 90 degrees clockwise. Personally I'm in love with the shot.

jordan_by_danostergren-d6j2qrk.jpg

I like this Dan. In particular your use of shadow to obscure half her face and excellent use of dof. Rotated like this shows us a different angle than we are used to seeing and gives us those leading lines of her hair that is appealing. I think you've framed this really well too and the way you've aligned her arm with the corner of the frame works. Great shot.

I wish her eyes were lighter, especially the right one, right now they are black pits and it leaves me feeling cold compared to the warmth in your previous photos and her beautiful eyes there. Could you try adjusting it some and see how it looks? I do like the dark hair framing the face and the bit of light creeping in from below to separate her jaw from the background.

I tried to do a quick n' dirty job to show what I meant but I can't get it to look right.

Attachments

• $jordan_by_danostergren-d6j2qrk.jpg
    $jordan_by_danostergren-d6j2qrk.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 159
I wish her eyes were lighter, especially the right one, right now they are black pits and it leaves me feeling cold compared to the warmth in your previous photos and her beautiful eyes there. Could you try adjusting it some and see how it looks? I do like the dark hair framing the face and the bit of light creeping in from below to separate her jaw from the background.

I tried to do a quick n' dirty job to show what I meant but I can't get it to look right.
I'm in agreement with weepete in that I like that one eye is obsured in shadow with part of the face, and I disagree that both eyes are black pits. One of her eyes is clearly visible with catch-light and sharp focus. Not to argue with your feedback, but I'm not changing this shot. I was going for a completely different feeling than the warmth that was in the other shots even while shooting this one.

I'm viewing these on my work monitors which are rather craptastic and dark so maybe that's the problem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back