One More For C&C

newb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was takin pictures of something else when I saw this in the frame, so I moved and took this one and a few more like it.

C&C please.

DSC_0140.jpg

well it looks nice but something is off...i think it's the lack of subject i just don't know where to look at ..
plus i think the focus is off too
the bright spots in the background are too distracting, also for some weird reason i thought the photo might look good if it's flipped clockwise..

I think that you would do with a smaller aperture. Not enough of the leaves are in focus for my taste. I do like the glow around the leaves though. That is nice.

you have the right idea, but the top right corner is underexposed whereas the center is a bit overexposed, so crop it so that its only the center! cheers

well it looks nice but something is off...i think it's the lack of subject i just don't know where to look at ..
plus i think the focus is off too
the bright spots in the background are too distracting, also for some weird reason i thought the photo might look good if it's flipped clockwise..

I gotcha. So if I crop it down to cut out all the extra stuff and the bright spot, it should be a lil better, right?

I think that you would do with a smaller aperture. Not enough of the leaves are in focus for my taste. I do like the glow around the leaves though. That is nice.

Again, if I crop it down to remove all the leaves not in focus, it should make it better?

you have the right idea, but the top right corner is underexposed whereas the center is a bit overexposed, so crop it so that its only the center! cheers

Im begining to see a repetition in these suggestions lol.

Ok, so I croped it in Photobucket because I dont have any PP software besides Photomatix. How do you like this version?

DSC_0140-1.jpg

That cropped version completely changes the photo.

ITS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER! much much better.

It keeps your attention and whats best it the 'luminosity' of the leaves sticking out with the white outline, and when cropped, it really makes you focus on it :)

Good Job!

I actually kinda like the original more...

LOL@your signature... You aren't an engineer or mechanic, are you?

...Very familiar with that note, lol.

Lol, actually Im a machinist in the Seattle area. I see that note quite a bit on Boeing drawings lol.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Please keep em comin.

I don't have a problem with the original shot. It's not over/underexposed - its a plan with part of it in shade, and part of it covered in a very reflective surface (snow). Look at the histogram; histogram don't lie.

love the shot. if you like the photo then dont worry what the exposure is. paintings arnt always a mona lisa. do your thugfizzle!

i like the cropped version better...good job. keep shooting man...

Most reactions

Back