One more from the water mill

Beautiful shot (A little tilted to the right though). Is this still a functioning mill?
Dani.

Seems everybody got here before I did.. Anyways, great job, LaFoto. It's good to finally see your work again. :)

I really like this alot. Good work. I really had to sit there and look at it and just see everything that the mill has.

Is this still a functioning mill?

No, it is not. For the time being, it is nothing really, as is being explained in this_article , which, however, is all in German :(. (But it shows a nice front view of the mill).

It also says that plans are being pursued to bring it back to life as a museum, so that at least on weekends white flour will be produced to show tourists how that was done in former times. Since a mill was build in that town 500 years ago, they feel they have to do something to celebrate it this year, and I am sure they are working hard to bring their project about for the occasion.

But this very building was only started in 1826 and made bigger in 1860!!!

I ought to find front views as well as close-ups on details in my vast archives, too...... And I read in the newspaper that the owner wants to collect photos for the anniversary, but I don't know if those are supposed to be new ones or if he not rather wants people to bring their really old ones?

Thank you all once more for your wonderful comments.
There'll be more pics from the mill, I am sure.
Like I was saying: this is among my favourite spots, not only the mill but also the river and its banks around the mill - and actually the river parts in two arms before the mill, one part leading into a pond (created by a weir), and the other leading towards the mill, after which it spreads into a wider area before it narrows down again and gets together with the other arm somewhere in the meadows ... and the whole area is beautiful.

Most reactions

Back