& One more from Zion

Very nice, but as the image it what we have come to expect from you, you have attained the expectation. Nicely done.

Gary

wow, the colors are so vivid and the composition is awesome

Thanks. Riding the park shuttle bus up to the top of the canyon I felt like a labrador ready to bolt out the window.

Wow Abraxas, Really like this shot, great color and texture's in the mountains.

wonderful shot!

Thank you, sounds like I captured what I saw and felt. I want to go back and explore some more.

Very nice, but as the image it what we have come to expect from you, you have attained the expectation. Nicely done.

Gary

Thank you Gary. I think it might be time to kick it up a notch and buy some ND filters and finger out how to use them.

It was totally beautiful. I'll be spending a week in Pennsylvannia next year. I think I'll cry everyday being so far away from this stuff.

Having moved from Pennsylvania to Arizona in 1999, I can emphatically state that PA has many beautiful places to photograph as well ... they're just not desert.

A couple of CP's may be more interesting to use for your landscapes.

Gary

I may try that. Right now, if it's less expensive, it's a more viable option.

Having moved from Pennsylvania to Arizona in 1999, I can emphatically state that PA has many beautiful places to photograph as well ... they're just not desert.

My granddaughter is scoping out a few places for me. I do want to visit, I think it's called Red Hill, the fossilized forest. Another granddaughter is interested in paleontology and would appreciate any shots I could get for her. I just really, really love it out here. I was born and lived in Iowa until I was ten and lived there for a couple years in my 20s. The humidity kills me.

The humidity kills me.

Wow, I agree with that! I still own a place on the water in N.J. and, although I like the water part, the humidity and the flying insects send me back to the desert every time!

Wow, I agree with that! I still own a place on the water in N.J. and, although I like the water part, the humidity and the flying insects send me back to the desert every time!

I guess I have to go, so I will. My granddaughter will be graduating high school and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

WOW great shot.

Thanks Toni.

I don't know how I missed this one but I really like the color saturation in the rock and movement in the river. It really reminds me of poking around the Fremont river that ran through Capitol Reef N.P. in Utah. Standing in the river and looking up at the cliffs, it's awe inspiring. So much so that I handed my wife the camera and just sat there for about an hour and took it all in.

I can see how it set the mood for your trip. A big :thumbup: for this one.

I don't know how I missed this one but I really like the color saturation in the rock and movement in the river. It really reminds me of poking around the Fremont river that ran through Capitol Reef N.P. in Utah. Standing in the river and looking up at the cliffs, it's awe inspiring. So much so that I handed my wife the camera and just sat there for about an hour and took it all in.

I can see how it set the mood for your trip. A big :thumbup: for this one.

Thanks. I really want to go back. There's so much I missed. I'd actually like to visit the area you're talking about too. :) I want to see it all I guess. I'm a Fremont fan even though his wife was probably the better half of him.

http://mojavedesert.net/people/fremont.html

But it sounds pretty up there.

Most reactions

Back