One more question...

@HowdyMark I'm a MO transplant in an SEC world so you can imagine my inferiority complex when I first arrived. People would say oh yeah....they do have a team don't they.

I knew there was something about you I Liked!

The dean of the journalism school at Mizzu is a friend of mine. He was at Alabama and the dean of grad students in the Journalism and Comm school at Bama and I always rag him about being a traitor to a "lessor school". Hahaha!

The dean of the journalism school at Mizzu is a friend of mine. He was at Alabama and the dean of grad students in the Journalism and Comm school at Bama and I always rag him about being a traitor to a "lessor school". Hahaha!
up

LessOr?? I am going to take it that that is a speech-to-text typo. I used to do a lot of newspaper proofreading.

I am eagerly looking forward to whatever type of FBS football we get this year.

up

LessOr?? I am going to take it that that is a speech-to-text typo. I used to do a lot of newspaper proofreading.

I am eagerly looking forward to whatever type of FBS football we get this year.

Ah, is what I get when I am in a hurry and type poorly... Lesser. The man I know's last name is "Zhou" (pronounced "Joe" in English). He was at Alabama.

eagerly looking forward to whatever type of FBS football we get this year.

As am I. I've never been an NFL, or NBA fan, used to follow the Braves baseball, but have lost interest in them over the last few years, college football, is another matter.

I used to watch the Braves on WTBS back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. I do not think I have watched a single inning of Major league baseball since probably 1983, with the exception of a few world series games. I gave up watching NFL football in the 1980s,but have been a big college football fan for decades now.

University of Oregon. Ducks. My wife and I were season ticket holders for 10 years. Our first date was the game where Bill Musgrave led the Ducks to a win over Washington, the first one in about 17 years if my memory serves me correctly. I remember back in 1985 as a student I paid $17.50 for a reserved seat ticket and sat at the 45-yard line and watched Ruben Mayes from Washington State set the all-time NCAA single game rushing record of 357 yards from scrimmage,in a game WSU won 48-17. That record stood well into the 21st century.

The last game I saw in person at Autzen was Oregon's 72 - 0 season opening win over New Mexico in the year that they lost the national championship game to your Auburn Tigers, with Cam Newton as the Auburn quarterback.

Last edited:
FTFY :biglaugh:[/QUOTE]
Fear the Turtle ... fixed it for you. :D[/QUOTE]

OK, we won't discuss how they regularly get their asses handed to them by Bama :biglaugh: . I actually have a friend, a guy I went to high school with who played football under Gaylin Hall. My niece also went to Vet school at Florida and was number 1 in her class. And when I lived in Winter Haven and shot for the newspaper there, I had to regularly shoot Florida football (And shot FSU football when I was in the panhandle... yuk.). Liked Bama best though because of the afore mentioned reasons and just the tradition they have. always a great assignment.

" Fear the turtle"?????

Do you mean the Maryland Terrapins?

Most reactions

Back