one more to critic

psyclop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
one more to critic ,I went out this morning on a really grey day, at sunrise and
thi is what came out best...not so much but best I can get so far.
I only have one eye so I have a different perception , youre critic is the way to adjust myself

adjust.jpg

The problem for me is the bright snow in the foreground and the footsteps leading the eye out of the frame. I'd probably crop it tighter to remove some of the foreground and a bit of right side, as well. The scene would be longer and narrower. It doesn't remove the footsteps entirely, but it keeps them from being distracting.

I think you've created a lovely eerie atmospheric shot with this one. The footsteps and the strange foreground glow actually make it even more eerie in a deserted landscape so I suggest not cropping it at all. It adds a touch of uniqueness to it.

Mind you, I am not a proponent of "technical" photography or getting every aspect right. If a photo looks good to me, I say so and point out only those errors that I feel are really errors. I sometimes find the advice on these forums too technically oriented and wanted to provide you with an alternative viewpoint, that's all.

more like this , even if they still goes out, so the ideal picture to retake would be to get the print toward the end of the bridge
bridgecrop.jpg

I love your pic. The edits are presented as personal preferences and not to diminish your original. I lightened a little to enhance the mistiness of the scene and softened the image also to add atmosphere. I feel like there is too much space to the right and have cropped so that the first light hits a ROT point.

mtlkr6

I love your pic. The edits are presented as personal preferences and not to diminish your original. I lightened a little to enhance the mistiness of the scene and softened the image also to add atmosphere. I feel like there is too much space to the right and have cropped so that the first light hits a ROT point.

mtlkr6

I like it for it makes the post light smoother , but missing footprint if in right direction

adjustadjusted.jpg

This is what I was talking about. Everyone else has the same idea; I'm just posting this to see if I can successfully upload a retouched photo.:D

I re-cropped it, adjusted the levels to preserve the mood, and quickly burned the edges. It's a nice photo. If it were mine, I'd probably fool with it some more, but you get the idea.

What I like about this photo (if you don't mind me getting a little technical) is that the bridge leads your eye off into the distance, and just to the right of the end of the bridge there's the faintest outline of a building.

Last edited:
What I like about this photo (if you don't mind me getting a little technical) is that the bridge leads your eye off into the distance, and just to the right of the end of the bridge there's the faintest outline of a building.

I noticed that as well but didn't want to spend the time necessary to play that up a bit. It would make for an awesome pic with that bit of detail enhanced.

Most reactions

Back