The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yes, I've posted it before but I'm sending my favorites on a Twitter feed and since I was looking at it, here it is again.

p539880765-5.jpg

It is not necessarily my favorite because of its picture quality but the woman's quiet beauty, her calmness, sitting there with the neatly packages tangerines, all of that is so typical of so many of the Myanmar people I came across.
And of course she is in from the country (the Thanakha paste) and the city woman is walking right on by.
I try to follow the simpler Buddhist beliefs and am a better person for it.

A lot of good things, imo: three primary colours anchored by the red bag in a sort of triangle shape, one secondary in the middle complimenting them, neutral backdrop; lady from the rear - yellow/yellow bag - lady from the side - colour harmony - another person moving in the distance in a third direction - black/white/red harmony. Leading line of the curb, shutter lines parallel. Third person distant, shoe aligns with curb line. Seated lady positioned on a 'thirds' principle. Emotional component, (important): stillness contrasting with everyday movements of the street, contemplation, humility etc.

Really nice image.

A visual connection also between the wheel and the (circular) oranges :)

Most reactions

Back