One of my best friends

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love dogs so much. I should try to make pictures of dogs more. This is the first one I have taken with my new camera and this shot was the best of about a dozen. Your C&C would be appreciated.

D5300, 16.0-85.0 mm f/3.5-5.6 shot at 68 mm, f/5.6, 1/320 s, ISO 200.

wisco1408-05.jpg

No C&C to offer, but I really love the shot & I love dogs too.. What breed is he? Quite impressive details by the d5300 :)

He's a mix-breed dog, but I can't remember what. I'll ask tomorrow.

This D5300 is a very nice camera for an APS-C, but I think I got a pretty good lens for it too. It's not one of the holy trinity, but all the reviews were good. AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR from Nikon

Thanks for your comments.

Jim

Pretty dog. I'd probably crop it in a little closer to eliminate the pants leg on the right side of the frame, and maybe pp the leash out.

Nice shot. My only thought would be to crop it on the right, just behind the collar about midway of the leash clip.

I'd probably crop it in a little closer to eliminate the pants leg on the right side of the frame, and maybe pp the leash out.
...crop it on the right, just behind the collar about midway of the leash clip.
Hmmm... I did crop the image a little, but I purposely left part of the pant leg in because it helps tell the story. Dog out with his pet human. I wanted Wisco's eye as close to upper-left third as possible, which meant leaving the pant leg of my friend. If I cut the pant leg off, it still leaves the leash clip. I suppose I could have healed that out too, but then it would just be dog on a walk, instead of dog walking his owner.

I don't know. Maybe you guys are right. But maybe not.
didnt_know.gif

Jim

I was looking at it from a dog's portrait perspective rather than a story of man and dog. For me, there really isn't enough of the owner showing in the image to tell that story...but thats just my opinion.

He looks like a shar-pei mix to me. As for c&c I would crop out the shorts on the side. Clone the leash part. And next time whistle to get him to look at you. I love the colors and background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I love all animals so it is a winner for me but I do agree with the better crop on it

OK, it's a good photo but I might try cropping off the cloth on the right and opening the aperture
a tad to blur the background just a bit more.

Most reactions

Back