One of my cats.

mackie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys first photo i have posted here and im also very new to photography.
Would like your opinion on one of my many photos of my cats.

036.jpg

looks relatively sharp. Looks like it was shot with natural light, and it is a little underexposed (that white should be white, not light gray!). A sitting cat is a vertically oriented object.. so shooting it vertical (portrait) format would be optimal.

My take... working from the small compressed photo above.. with whites set to 247/247/247... they were at 216. I also sharpened and added a touch of contrast. Didn't have much room for a crop... but here it is:

cat.jpg

Would have been better with ALL of the cat.. don't cut off body parts it you can help it, or unless you do it for a specific reason.

Thanks for the advice, still learning alot and everything that is said to me helps.
This was took in my caeras auto mode, since then i have moved to aperture mode and manual mode.
At this point i was thinking point and capture was as much as i had to do but i understand now that angle's have also got alot to do with it.

Thanks once again for the feedback, tips and the edit :)

also watch your backgrounds... this wasn't too bad.. but there is a window (on the door behind the cat) you almost got.. that could have thrown in a really sharp highlight. try for nice backgrounds.. not too busy.. not distracting.

So basic backgrounds are best for these kind of shots?

So basic backgrounds are best for these kind of shots?

If you want your subject to be the primary focus in the shot, a non-distracting background is always best. Obviously if the background is important to the shot (vacation shots for instance of subject with the Eiffel Tower in the background, for instance) then it varies... does that help?

Yeah thats great thanks for the help. :)

Most reactions

Back