One of my dog, C&C Please!

DannyB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have played with the contrast and sharpness a little. I also got curious and had it printed as an 11x14. I was pretty happy with the print but just wondering if your eyes see anything that could maybe improve the image.

Picture-1.jpg

I love how sharp the grass is right around him! I like it, I know how hard it can be to take a picture of a black dog. ;)

could of used selective color to tone down the over exposed grass, kinda distracting.

I agree about the grass behind the dog. The picture is good otherwise, just a tad distracting for me as my eyes were drawn towards the top right off the bat. He (she) looks very content! Good capture.

I agree about the grass. I also find the dog a tad underexposed. I know the dog is black, but you should be aware of that happening.
I, too, have a black dog and if I'm not careful when taking pictures of her, she'll come out looking like a black shadow in pictures.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I agree the grass in the background is distracting, I'll play with that tonight and post the results :thumbsup:

Are you editing with photoshop? You can bring out some detail in the dog and tone that grass right down with the shadow/highlight tool.

I had a mess with it, hope you don't mind.

dannyb.jpg

Shadows about 30% highlights about 60% and then bump the contrast to taste.

I think the edited photo is better.

Great picture none-the-less

Yeah that looks better, haha. Thanks! I am using Gimp right now but will be picking up Photoshop Elements soon.

Most reactions

Back