one of my two chihuahuas using DOF

dukeboy1977

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I mainly wanted to get his head and blur his body...This was my favorite as he loves my 7 week old baby boy! C&C please!

p.s. I did no editing to this as I'm no good with my elements yet

papi2.jpg

I gotta post another...I love this dog!

papi3.jpg

I hope you dont mind but did alittle editing on what I think is the best pic. I used PSE8.
First I went into the quick edit screen and hit all the auto edit buttons. Sometimes this works not always, these can be done manually to taste.
Second I used the quick selection tools on the eyes, then used the quick edit to lighten dark areas in the eyes.
Third I used quick selection tool on the body and head alone and used the unsharp mask under the enhance menu.
Cute dog, Im sure there will be many more pictures of him in the future.:thumbup:
PS: On dogs the minimal shutter speed should be 1/60th standing still, 1/250 or more moving to prevent motion blur. Dont see it here but could happen in the future.
papi3copy.jpg

I hope you dont mind but did alittle editing on what I think is the best pic. I used PSE8.
First I went into the quick edit screen and hit all the auto edit buttons. Sometimes this works not always, these can be done manually to taste.
Second I used the quick selection tools on the eyes, then used the quick edit to lighten dark areas in the eyes.
Third I used quick selection tool on the body and head alone and used the unsharp mask under the enhance menu.
Cute dog, Im sure there will be many more pictures of him in the future.:thumbup:
PS: On dogs the minimal shutter speed should be 1/60th standing still, 1/250 or more moving to prevent motion blur. Dont see it here but could happen in the future.
papi3copy.jpg

No, I don't mind at all! I invite anyone to edit my pics but ask that they explain what they do and why...You DID explain what you did, but I'm curious to know why. I have PSE8 also but get no time to mess with it :( so I'm no good at it yet. I'll post more of my dogs but will start posting more pics if I'm gonna get help. I'm going to photo a small waterfall today! Thanks again, Jeff

The picture is underexposed, the eyes should be clear and not blend in with shadows etc. You know you have a sharp picture when you can enlarge the eyes in a closeup and see a reflection, sometimes its you. I can see a refection in the eyes now.
Using the unmask sharpening or sharpening tools helps to make the subject a bit sharper and stands out more with a blurred background.
I look at suggestions on editing of images then try to duplicate them on PSE, sometimes I can then sometimes I need to watch a tutorial on you tube to find the PSE way of doing the edit. Its more just practicing with it then anything.
Also, dont be afraid to use flash to eliminate shadows.

Most reactions

Back