One of those "Quick, get the camera!" Moments

Eventer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleclarke.co.nz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The cat managed to get in the tree. I saw him through the window so i grabbed the camera and go there fast i didnt want to disturb him as he was in such a cute positon! (Was all upside down and back to front!) trying to get this mirror thing which hangs from a branch. I was pretty stealthly - Even though its not entirly nessercery as hes deaf! he did see me though and gave me death glares :lol:
Hes a rarther figity cat but I think I got some quite cute ones. I couldnt tell when I was shotting that they were coming out a bit soft, but at once stage i poped the flash. I got the focus! but the exposure was totally blown out, I almost like the effect though (Last photo)
I wish he had stayed there longer though, enough time for me to play around with setting, I only mangaed 5 photos in total before he jumped down.
C&C If you want :D

37274_402716424101_647904101_4430626_4626795_n.jpg

37274_402716434101_647904101_4430628_6716690_n.jpg

37274_402716429101_647904101_4430627_4035491_n.jpg

Not sure if the "Quick, get the camera"-type of a photo CAN truely be critiqued at all. This was ONE moment in time for you that YOU felt needed to be captured to be kept, and all in all you did well. We cannot, never, critique the emotional side these photos hold for you. It is YOUR cat, and YOUR fun with seeing it in that tree trying to play with the little mirror thing. YOU will always cherish these photos (and be happy they turned out well technically, of course!).

Yes, the last, with the flash having popped up, is a bit (much) on the overexposed side, but the eyes are perfect, and I think those are that matter most, don't they? So there!

The Cat is too white.

LOL just kidding.. wow.. that is cute and I am a dog person!

I give the photographer credit for being able to shoot the cat fairly well. It's hard to shoot all-white cats sometimes. The bright glare from the fur tends to mess with the camera no matter how much you fuss and adjust things. They can be incredibly photogenic, but it can be hard getting the fur to look right, particularly if the cat is in light like this.

I think he's adorable, but I have to wonder how those branches even held him. He's not exactly a little boy! My white cat is on the large size too, but not he's not quite as wide. He's built long, he's on the skinny side and he's tall for a boy cat. My vet says if he were a human he'd be tall enough to play pro basketball!

Thaanks everyone, yeah they are technically "snapshots" as nothing was thought about as shooting time was about 30 seconds then he jumped down haha
Yep white is hard to get good photos off, in the top photo he blends into the sky a week bit too.

Most reactions

Back